Wi-fi Troubles

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by kato56, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

What campground were you at?

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Susset Isles in Ceder Jey. As I remember, it is a half price club member, but my "rememberer" isn't as good as it used to be. Very nice on the water. People either love Cedar Key or hate it. You go to the middle of nowhere and then it is another 26 miles. It is a wonderful place to relax. Several good eating spots there also. Will need a WiFi antenna to get reception in your coach.

3. gsbogart

gsbogart
    Expand Collapse

Lindsay
    I had not seen a antennae setup like the one I posted. I saw it on E-bay and the range is what took my eye.
    As to focusing it, I should think after setup, a 360 degree sweep would be an easy maneuver to find the highest signal much like using a Manuel satellite dish to locate the satellite.

4. schla

schla
    Expand Collapse

we had pretty good success with tengo, and little success with nomad. our last two resorts has nomad, one worked when we paid for it and the other did not work when it was free. complained to the resort management and they said it must be our computer. when i walked thru the resort with my laptop i was stopped by several others who said they could not connect either, so I went back to the office and they spend an hour trying to get a live person on the phone at nomad. felt the isp took the easy way out blaming the computer user or the park, so not sure I believe "dave the computer fuy" I am computer literate and have no problems connecting on my own in places where it is truly free or well established. my 2 cents.