Windshield Water Leaks

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by Butch, Dec 2, 2005.

1. jgrving

jgrving
    Expand Collapse

ISN'T THAT WHY THE "GENERAL CHAT" FORUM WAS CREATED, TO DISCUSS THINGS OTHER THAN CAMPGROUNDS.....IT SEEMS TO ME THAT AN "RV WINDSHIELD" IS MUCH MORE RELATED TO SUBJECT, THAN, SAY, A PICTURE OF SOMEONE'S GRANDKIDS, WHICH I NOTICED ON HERE VERY RECENTLY.

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if it offended you that my grandsons pic was here, but our wonderful administrator created this general chat forum when I posted it so we could have a place to talk about other things. The general chat forum is new, only a few weeks old and so actually was not in existence when the discussion of the windshield was launched and that discussion was moved from the rv park discussion area into general chat when it was created. I personally never thought that any post was out of place as for the most part, we are friends here and felt free to discuss anything. If you would like to post a picture of your kids, grandkids, dog or anything, I would be happy to look at it.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I rather enjoyed seeing your grandsons picture.

This is what it states under the General Chat headline:
    Post anything here "Other" than RV Park or Campground discussions

Keyword: anything

In the General Chat Forum Notice, it goes on to say:
    We still reserve the right to delete any "objectionable" posts made in this forum so again lets all get along and have fun camping

If everyone follows this guideline, this will be a much happier forum.

4. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Well thank you Cheryl, and I enjoyed feeling free to show it to all of you. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like people are shouting at you when they type in all caps???

5. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I have seen people in many other forums refer to all caps as yelling/shouting. And it does make you feel as if you are being chastised/criticised.

But to give the benefit of the doubt to igrving (it is his/her first post after all), sometimes if your cap lock accidently gets put on (usually through bad typing on my part in personal emails) you don't want to have to delete and retype everything. When that happens, I would put in a line about - sorry for the caps, they got stuck on to let the recipient know I'm not yelling at them.

Your welcome Cheryl. Have any of Christmas Day to show us?

6. jgrving

jgrving
    Expand Collapse

I would like to say that I was in no way offended by the picture of your Grandson---I even looked at his picture and read everything on the subject, and enjoyed it as well. I honestly did not mean to come across as offensive. The other "Cheryl" had noted a few lines up that it is sometimes hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or going for a little humor; well I assure you I was only going for a little humor, which obviously didn't go over very well. My only point was that I felt if one could post about family, another should be able to post about RV related issues without having to apologize for it, as "Butch" did. But I do apologize as I did not notice the post occurred before the "general chat" was formed. But I cannot apologize for my capital letters. Lord help us if we are now offended by capital letters. I work in an office where our computer systems requires we type in all caps. I simply did not turn it off, I was not "yelling" at anyone. I find that after sitting in front of a computer all day with tired eyes, I appreciate the large font and wish others used it more often. I meant no harm. Although this was my first post, I visit this site daily and enjoy it thoroughly, so if it's all the same, we'll just nip this in the bud now and hope Butch gets his windshield fixed.

7. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Good Grief ! What happened here ? I was just trying to find if anyone else, in the RVing public, was having, or had had the same problem with their Holiday Rambler ? Well anyway, "Happy New Year", hope 2006 is the better for one and all. Please don't forget our military wherever they maybe stationed.

thanks,

8. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

An update to the re-occurring water leak situation. We have a Holiday Rambler Rally coming up in July 06 @ Fryeburg Maine. As the dealer was having problems trying to find and stop the leak, I was going to have the factory techs, at the rally, look the problem over and make the necessary repairs. Upon calling the customer service dept at Monaco Coach, the manufacturer, for the appointment, I was informed that no previous mention was made by the dealer to Monaco as to a leak in the windshield area. The omission by the dealer will now make the repair our financial responsibility. So a word to the wise, which I was not, is to have your dealer document every inspection and repair when the unit is under warranty so that the manufacturer is aware and the problem is recorded in case a future repair is needed under an expired warranty. I now have second thoughts about the dealer and the manufacturer, "Monaco" in respect to their customer service. O well, live and learn, and what the heck it's only money.

9. genestoy

genestoy
    Expand Collapse

Butch,
    There should have been some "paperwork" if you have taken your coach into a dealer for the windshield leak? If they never gave you any then I would contact the dealer and request copies of the work order(s) and then forward copies to Monaco proving that you did in fact have the coach in for repairs while under warrenty. The dealer would have had to submit a claim to a manufacturer for parts ordered or they submitted a claim for labor reimbursement for the repair. If they merely squirted a hose on your windsheild while you watched and said there was no leak or something like that then you truly are out of luck, but if you have just one work order stating your complaint to the service department regarding the leaking windshield then you have a case. Any reputable dealer will have a copy of a work order before they would even begin to look at any repair job. :) They will be able to look up your work orders either by your name or the coach serial number in their computer. Don't give up until you get them.

10. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Just an update to the original posting, "RV windshield water leak". As stated in my previous posting, we did attend the July 2006 Holiday Rambler International Rally at Fryeburg Maine. At the rally," Monaco" had a number, (38), service techs on site for service repairs at no cost for the labor portion of the repairs. At the service repair write up area, I ask who was the senior representative from Monaco, and was refered to a Mr. Phil Lord. I proceeded to inform him of our displeasure with Monaco's answer to correspondence as to the water leak problem in our coach, that we were not looking for anything, we just wanted to state our displeasure and frustration. At this point he stated that they, "Monaco' would be happy to inspect and if necessary, make a repair to resolve the water leak problem. We were then refered to a service writer, who wrote up the repair work order. Two days later a tech, named Bob Young, inspected and proceeded to seal the windshield, which lacked any chalking in the seal area, as per the tech's inspection. Two and a quarter hours later he was finished with the repair to our coach and proceeded to his next assignment. Upon leaving the rally for home, we had two days of very hard rain, and knock on wood, the water leak appears to have been eliminated, and at no cost to us. Why it takes a face to face conversation to have the manufacturer acknowledge their responsibility in the problem, just is not good "customer relations". Maybe, just maybe, it was my remark, to Phil Lord, "that maybe in a couple of years we will be looking to upgrade with another coach, and that it will not have a Monaco name plate on it because they do not stand behind their product". Well you would like to think the remark had something to do with the outcome.

11. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Butch, I am so happy that you finally got your problem resolved. I am sure you were watching that leaky spot the whole time you were going thru those storms!!!

12. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,
    You are very correct, we both watched the area very closely. I was driving, but Kathy was looking for any drops big or small. The storm(s) was a good test, and guess what---it passed !! The rally itself left a lot to be desired, it was not worth the money and or the time spent, BUT we have our water leak fixed, so I guess you could say, we got our monies worth. Last week I returned to the Workhorse warranty repair shop, for the fourth time, for the other problem --- the leak of refrigerant from the dash air conditioner which they stated they could not find in the previous three times. Guess what ?? They found that leak also, so now in two weeks we will have our coach A-1, the first time since we brought it three years ago. Now it's time to trade---just kidding.

13. dmsscs

dmsscs
    Expand Collapse

Did the statement next to General Chat "Post anything here "Other" than rv park or campground discussions" get added after these postings? Seems to me it would be a violation if you wrote about parks and campgrounds here. NO? :blink:

14. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

dmsscs;

This posting was posted by myself before the " General Chat " was implemented. So I was blasted for not following the rules at the time. In my defense, I was new to this site, and did not bother to inform myself as to the rules. Soon after the incident, the " Webmaster " set up the General Chat for postings that did not pertain directly to RV parks and or campgrounds. The subject matter that was other than RV Parks, etc, was moved to this part of the site. There does seem to be a double standard as there are postings that do not belong here but in RV Parks and Campground Discussions. So to answer your question, as I see it, you are correct. But I have come to the conclusion, that the policing of the postings here, or wherever, I leave to " others " whoever they may be.