Wireless RV Security System by Desert Security

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by abn, Nov 7, 2005.

1. abn

abn
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone own or have information about the wireless security system being offered by Desert Security Products? (http://desertsecurity.com/)

In specific,
    - is it worth the money they are asking?
    - does it work as advertised?
    - are there other systems out there that are better?

Thanks for your help.

ABN
    35' Itasca Suncruiser
    Chesterfield,VA
    B)

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

ABN, I am not familiar with the system you mentioned - I just had a comment. Hang around here a while and you will find that I have a comment about everything!!! Anyway, while I was at Walgreens looking at the "seen on tv" section, they carry an alarm that you hook to your door or windows for 19.99. Don't know exactly what you are looking for in an alarm system but you might check that one out. I assume you want it for the rv. I am going to go back to Walgreens and get on of those for the motorhome. I don't expect it to be anything like the system we have on our home that makes a beeping sound everytime a door or window opens and is monitored by a security company. Just want something to alert us to unwanted intruders.

3. Tim B

Tim B
    Expand Collapse

I did alot of research on security systems for my RV. I did not want just the average RadioShack system. If I spent all the money for my RV I want to protect it. After alot of research I found RV Guardian which I currently own. I have owned it for about a year and have had no troubles with it. When I read this topic I went to visit the site and found out they are coming out with a satellite security system. I called them to find out more and they told me that I can trade my current system for newer system and pay the difference. I know that desertsecurity seems like the only security system for RVs but they are not. I hope this helps you.