Wrong Price listed on my review site

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by Circle the Wagons RV Park, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Circle the Wagons RV Park

Circle the Wagons RV Park
    Expand Collapse

I just had a camper leave because we didn't give him a site for $17. .He said he saw the price on the reviews pages. I check RVPR and it says 'our current rate is $15" which is so wrong. I have written email to them but I hope they get back to me quickly so we can change that.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Just my 2 cents on this if you had someone leave because of a $2 per night difference, sounds like they would not be happy about anything.

Mike

Vandon Scott likes this.
  3. Circle the Wagons RV Park

Circle the Wagons RV Park
    Expand Collapse

The price is actually $32-$37. I don't how the price was changed.

Vandon Scott likes this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

It actually says, "Recent Rate: $15 6/2016", which is the rate a recent reviewer did post. They may have stayed a full month and broke that rate down to a daily rate, although they did miscalculate by about $2. Apparently your camper didn't bother to look at the other reviews showing the regular daily rates.

Vandon Scott likes this.
  5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We are sorry you had a problem due to information listed on our website. However, NY Dutch is absolutely correct with his response. I can also add that we do not have a place to list the advertised nightly rates on a park's listing. Instead we list the amount that the reviewer reported that he paid for a nightly stay at the time he stayed at your park. These amounts may reflect long term rates as NY Dutch said, but they can also include discounts or added on services making the amount paid a different rate from advertised prices. Although we list a recent rate, members should always check the park's website, or better yet, call the park to verify the rates before staying there.

6. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Circle the Wagons RV Park has great ratings. Sounds like the old adage that you can't please all of the people all of the time applies here. Perhaps knowing that the individual spent more than $2 driving to another CG is some consolation.

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

If it's any consolation to you Circle the Wagons, we had just finished checking in at a park a while back and right behind us in line was a "grumpy" old guy and his equally "grumpy" wife. We had received our Good Sam discount for our stay and they evidently overheard the price we were quoted. We were nearby checking out the small gift shop and when the gal at the deck quoted them their price it was 10% higher than what we had just paid. The guy, in his grumpy demeanor said he wanted the same rate we had just been given so the gal asked if they were GS, AAA, military, etc and he said no they weren't. So she explained that she couldn't give them those discounts if they weren't entitled to them. The guy got really indignant about it and said if she didn't give them a discount they were going to leave and go to another park up road they had spotted earlier. The gal once again explained the discount policy and did so very politely. And they walked off in a big huff and left. What they didn't know was that the other park just up the road was a dump and I don't believe it offered any discounts. You can't please everyone, and folks like that usually are the ones that cause the most problems for others in the park. Part of that 1% I've referred to every so often in other posts.. If we ever get up your way and are in your area, we'll be sure to stick our noses into your park and give you a bad time too.............. :D Never heard of La Veta, CO before but then again you've probably never heard of Meadow Vistam, CA so we be even on that account.................:)

Regards.................BankShot (aka Terry)