Yellowstone from Mt Rushmore

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by ANDYO1, May 19, 2017.

1. ANDYO1

ANDYO1
    Expand Collapse

Planning on a trip to yellowstone stopping at Mt. Rushmore taking the Northern Rt from Illinois...Did Rushmore 3 years ago towing a 30 ft. travel trailer approx 6ks towed by a 2012 E350 full size van with the 5.4V8...Did not vave any problem with grades during that trip... Non did I encounter any problems thru the mountains in TN./NC . Any suggestions on routes to Cody Wy. Places to avoid etc.

2. ANDYO1

ANDYO1
    Expand Collapse

Did make the trip and decided to take the southern route with a stop in Buffalo Wyoming, then on to Cody Wyoming, rather steep grades from Buffalo to Cody but did not have any issues...

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Good Morning Andy01 - I just happened upon your posts in this thread and couldn't help but notice that your first post was made back in May of '17 and until yesterday there were no responses to assist in answering the questions you asked. Sometimes threads/posts get buried quickly and are not noticed due the sheer number of other threads. I just want to say welcome to the forum and hope you will remain aboard with us and not give up due to your first post not being responded to. I am not familiar with the area you were questioning but am glad to learn that you ended up having a safe and problem free trip. Next time if this happens I suggest you "bump" your own post if you don't get a few responses within a reasonable amount of time. Those who can contribute should/will notice and respond accordingly. Again, give us another chance if you care to............ :rolleyes:

Safe and happy travels ahead to you, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

#3 BankShot, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Ladder187 and Paythebill like this.