Yellowstone Rv Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by wfmdfm, Feb 18, 2008.

1. wfmdfm

wfmdfm
    Expand Collapse

We are planing a summer trip from Cape Cod to Yellowstone. We have a travel trailer and would like to stay in a campground that has fire rings at the sites. As far as I can find that id a rare thing to have in this area while camping. I did fine one spot in Gardiner but it has terible reviews. Any help would be great.

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello Wfmdfm. B)
    It's been over 4 years since we camped at Yellowstone...had an easier to maneuver 24' Class C and no tow car at the time. :rolleyes:
    Stayed at Fishing Bridge (inside the park) in a pre- Memorial Day timeframe. Full-hook-ups and fire-rings/picnic tables... not sure if things have changed since then.
    We plan to re-visit, again at off-season. Have targeted Cody, Wyoming for base camp, drive the Element around for day trip explorations. (Better fuel economy...ha!)

3. wfmdfm

wfmdfm
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply. I didnt read many positive reviews for the fishing bridge-packed in seemed to sum it up. We elected to try Red Rock on the west side in Island Park Idaho. It seemed more wide open and had fires. I will post our thoughts when we visit.
    Thanks again

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Mar 28 2008, 04:22 PM) [snapback]10934[/snapback]

Hello Wfmdfm. B)
    It's been over 4 years since we camped at Yellowstone...had an easier to maneuver 24' Class C and no tow car at the time. :rolleyes:
    Stayed at Fishing Bridge (inside the park) in a pre- Memorial Day timeframe. Full-hook-ups and fire-rings/picnic tables... not sure if things have changed since then.
    We plan to re-visit, again at off-season. Have targeted Cody, Wyoming for base camp, drive the Element around for day trip explorations. (Better fuel economy...ha!)

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Wfmdft:

You have to remember that even though it has been 20 years (I think) since fires destroyed about 30% of Yellowstone's forests, most of the west hast had dozens of serious fires every year in recent memory. As a result, many parks, areas, states have simply stopped allowing recreational fires. It is possble to make plans to stay at certain parks that have fire rings and find out when you get there that current fire hazzard conditions have resulted in a ban.

Enjoy your trip.