Community RulesThanks For Joining! There is no charge to join! RV LIFE Campgrounds is a member-driven comprehensive review and information site specifically for those who love to camp. It is our goal to support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge and experiences among camping and RV enthusiasts; we aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. If you come across any violations of these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Report Post function or the Contact Us link (bottom of the page). We'll be happy to address your concerns.
Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand; above all be nice. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community while at the same time adhering to these rules which apply to all sections of the website including private messaging.
- Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
- Harassment, stalking or predatory behavior will not be tolerated.
- Do not post the same discussion in more than one forum.
- Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
- Posts containing explicit, obscene or vulgar language, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter will be removed.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. We retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- NO SPAM or Commercial Posting! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for-profit or not-for-profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a prior arrangement has been made with RV LIFE.
- Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. Bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting may be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
- E-mail addresses, URLs, business names and vulgar or offensive names are not appropriate user names.
- Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately.
- The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
- Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly, it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to the source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Signatures must be set up in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of seven lines and may not contain commercial content including business names, links, contact information, sales pitches or e-mail addresses. The exception to this is campground owners/agents who may include the name of their campground in their signature. (See more info below)
- Only links to non-commercial sites are allowed in signatures
- Signatures must follow our forum posting standards and only one line may be bolded.
Campground owners and those associated with Campgrounds are encouraged to participate and we value your input. You may participate in any section of the forum as any other member but may not discuss your property unless responding to a specific question or as outlined in the guidelines for the Campground Business section. Campgrounds.rvlife.com is not intended as a venue to solicit business.
The Campground Business section of the forum is available for professional networking, property management discussions, problem-solving and rubbing elbows with other owners.
Owners/operators may include the name of the campground in their signature but may not include links, contact information or a sales pitch.
RV Life Campground Reviews is committed to content integrity. Posting misleading content or impersonating a real (factual) reviewer or property owner is considered fraudulent.
Disputes and Complaints
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about commercial entities. Do not attempt a smear campaign to damage the reputation of a brand, park or individual, or by inciting others to do the same. Please settle your differences with property owners or managers through other means but not through our community.
About the First Amendment and Your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not imply that others have to publish your speech. Campgrounds.rvlife.com is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.
Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option or via the CONTACT link at the bottom of each page, or via Personal Message. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact link at the bottom of every forum page.
Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrators to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.
Registering and participating constitutes agreement to abide by these rules and to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this Site). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice.